Monday, May 31, 2010

For Our Children and Their Children

Since our blended and extended family does not come from Dubuque, Iowa nor does it have German genes (as celebrated in my two previous blogs), we created this new blog to preserve and honor the diverse and often curious paths our other ancestors took.

They came from Ireland, England, Denmark, Norway, Portugal, the Philippines, and Iran. All except the Philippines have a trace of Celtic blood. Through this maze of tales, we would like our children and their children to explore their rich and varied origins and to appreciate our family's founders' place in history.

Today--Memorial Day-- is a perfect day to begin to trace our clans' contributions. I've already honored the many brave veterans from my branch of the family on my blog devoted to my German heritage. Now it's time to capture the stories of the men (and lone woman) on my husband's and children's side of the family.  These will be finalized and posted in time for Veterans' Day, 11 November 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment